As we age, the amount of hyaluronic acid, elastin and collagen in our skin depletes, making our skin more susceptible to fine lines and wrinkles. Without these three substances, our skin becomes less plump and hydrated.
In order to combat the effects of aging, it’s important to look for skincare products that work to plump and hydrate the skin. With this in mind, here are the types of products you should be looking to add to your daily routine:
• Creamy cleanser: Cleansing the skin is the cornerstone to any effective skincare routine. Not only does this step help to wash away any impurities, it also helps to prepare your skin for the following products. If plump skin is your goal, avoid cleansers that are formulated for oily skin, as they are likely to cause dryness. Instead, look for a creamy cleanser that will gently clean your face, without stripping the skin of moisture.
• Serum: After cleansing your skin, you’ll want to apply a hydrating serum. Serums penetrate the skin at a deeper level than moisturizers, helping to combat the appearance of any damage that the skin has experienced over the years. Look for a serum that contains hyaluronic acid, a substance that acts as a humectant, meaning it helps to lock in moisture.
• Moisturizer: To ensure a glowy finish, you’ll want to apply a moisturizer once you’ve applied your serum. Moisturizers work to seal in moisture, making it harder for it to escape throughout the day. Those with particularly dry skin should use a thick, rich moisturizer.
• Under-eye cream: One area that is often neglected is the under-eye area. Eye cream is essential because the skin around the eyes is delicate and prone to aging. A suitable eye cream can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and dark circles. When it comes to improving the overall appearance of your skin, it’s important to use a product that’s aimed to deliver key ingredients to this area.
• Overnight mask: To give your skin an extra boost, consider adding an overnight mask to your skincare routine. Overnight masks are meant to be applied to the face before sleep and worn all night. They deliver intense hydration and aid the skin's natural repair process, resulting in a brighter, revitalized look in the morning.
If you’re looking to extend your skincare range, or launch your own skincare brand, get in touch to discuss our private label solutions, and provide your target customers with world-class products.