As we move into the summer season, it's time to take a look at the latest skincare trends that will be taking over our routines in the coming months. From barrier repair to multi-purpose products, here are the top skincare trends to look out for this summer:
• Barrier Repair: The skin's barrier plays a crucial role in protecting it from external factors like pollution and UV rays. However, factors like over-exfoliation, harsh skincare products, and environmental stressors can compromise the barrier function, leading to a range of skin concerns.
To combat this, barrier repair has become a hot topic in the skincare industry. This involves using products that contain ingredients like ceramides, cholesterol, and fatty acids that can help to strengthen and support the skin's natural barrier function. To keep your skin’s barrier in check, prioritize products like moisturizers, serums, and oils that specifically target barrier repair to keep your skin healthy and protected.
• Retinol: Retinol has long been a skincare staple for its anti-aging benefits. However, this summer, it's set to become even more popular as people look for ways to address their winter-induced skin concerns.
Retinol is a form of vitamin A that can help to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation. It works by increasing cell turnover and stimulating collagen production, which can lead to a brighter, smoother complexion.
If you're new to retinol, it's important to start slowly and build up your tolerance over time to avoid irritation. Look for products that contain a low concentration of retinol (around 0.025%) and use them two to three times a week at first.
• Glutathione: A powerful antioxidant, glutathione can help to brighten and even out skin tone. It inhibits melanin production, leading to a reduction in hyperpigmentation and an overall brighter complexion.
While glutathione has been used in injectable form for some time, it's now becoming more popular in topical products. You’ll find it as an ingredient in serums, toners, and masks. It’s a key ingredient if you’re looking to give your skin a boost of radiance this summer.
• Sustainability: Sustainability has been a growing trend in the beauty industry for some time, and this summer, it's set to become even more important. As consumers become more aware of the impact their purchasing decisions have on the environment, they're looking for brands that prioritize sustainability and ethical practices.
To shop sustainably, keep an eye out for brands that use eco-friendly packaging, source ingredients responsibly, and prioritize ethical labor practices. By choosing sustainable skincare products, you can help to reduce your environmental footprint while still taking care of your skin.
• Multi-purpose products: With busy schedules and limited time, multi-purpose products are becoming more popular than ever. These products combine multiple skincare benefits into one formula, making it easy to streamline your routine without sacrificing results.
Multi-purpose formulas include products like tinted moisturizers with SPF, cleansing balms that can double as moisturizers, and serums that contain both anti-aging and brightening ingredients.
If you’re a skincare brand that’s looking for ways to stay ahead of the competition, you might want to consider capitalizing on the upcoming summer trends. To get your products to market as fast as possible and take advantage of these trends, get in touch to discuss our private label services.