Is your marketing strategy beginning to lose traction? Are you looking for fresh ideas to propel your brand to new heights? When it comes to the skincare industry, there are multitudes of brands vying for consumer attention, meaning businesses are required to think outside the box to increase reach and drive sales. To help you achieve better results from your marketing efforts, we’ve put together a selection of exciting marketing ideas for your skincare line:
• Category-based discounts: Do you sell multiple category-based product lines, such as acne-banishing ranges or an aloe vera-based summer collection? If so, consider offering category-based discounts. A tried and tested method, this tactic involves promoting deals on a particular product line relevant to a specific time of year. For instance, if spring break is on the horizon, you could offer a discount on products that are formulated to help protect the skin from sun damage. That way, you’ll attract attention from those looking to purchase items for their upcoming vacation.
• Product giveaways: This next tactic is particularly effective for skincare brands looking to increase their social media following. By offering a product in exchange for a shared post and like, brands can expand their audience reach and gain new followers across their social media platforms.
• Post transformation videos on social media platforms: In general, consumers tend to love seeing the before and after pictures related to a product their interested in. For instance, if you’ve just launched a new moisturizer, you could create content that showcases the effect the product has had on an individual’s skin over a period of use. This type of content provides evidence to potential customers that your product works, helping to provide reassurance and, ultimately, encouraging sales.
• TikTok how-to’s and tutorials: There’s no denying that TikTok’s influence on the beauty industry has been monumental. In fact, the skincare hashtag has more than 65 billion views on the platform. To take advantage of this huge potential audience, use your brand’s company TikTok account to post how-to videos and tutorials that showcase your products.
• Use the “low-quantity remaining” trick: When it comes to online shopping, many individuals hesitate before making a purchase and then sometimes abandon their cart altogether. To encourage your site visitors to buy your products, you could add a tag that states stock quantities are low. This will make those who are hesitant more likely to make a snap buying decision. Sneaky yet effective.